Sunday, February 15, 2009

FAITH

Today, Pastor Paul spoke about Faith at our church service this morning, something I have been thinking a lot about lately. Mostly, I have wondered how anyone gets through life without it. I have been pondering the power of faith because so many of my family and friends keep commenting on my upbeat attitude and whether or not I am truly doing okay with the fact that I have cancer.

Well the truth is, I am devastated in many ways that I have to go through all this and wish there was an easy way out. It is a huge inconvenience, and I am really not looking forward to the surgeries, chemotherapy and radiation. I hate that at the age of four, Annierae has to learn about cancer because her mom has the disease. I am frustrated that instead of me helping Ja adjust to her new life in America, I will be relying on her for help. I am sad that Greg has a wife with breast cancer. This is the ugly reality of some of the feelings I have right now.

However, I do have faith, and that faith comes with peace in knowing that I will get through this journey and fully recover, continuing to live my life to the fullest. I have faith that Annierae will help me through this with lots of laughter; she is already excited for me to loose my hair so that I can get a purple wig with ponytails. I believe that God sent Ja as an angel to our family knowing our time of need was coming. And God blessed me with an amazing husband that has pledge his love for me no matter what happens in life.

I have put my trust in God and have faith in Him, and with that I can be confident and optimistic about my future. What a wonderful gift from Him!

On a different topic, I met with Dr. Lange on Friday and will go forward with my surgery tomorrow morning at 7:30am. All my blood work, including the BRAC1 & BRAC2, came back negative which is awesome news!!! Also, my chest X-ray and MUGA test all came back normal, so I will be good to start Chemo in 3-4 weeks.

Greg plans to provide near real-time updates tomorrow via this blog and Facebook. If all goes well, the surgery is expected to last approximately 2 hours, then an hour in recovery and another hour in the outpatient area. I’m hoping to be home by early afternoon (although my doctor did indicate there is a slight chance they would keep me overnight depending on the number of lymph nodes they remove). Keep checking here if you’re interested in how the day goes tomorrow.

Once again I thank you all for your love, support and prayers – you are all truly amazing!

Love,

Kristine

6 comments:

  1. Kristine,
    You're in our thoughts and prayers, especially tomorrow!
    Jeanne, Ron, Nellie, Jack, and Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristini, you continue to awe me with your strength and courage!! I will see you tomorrow morning bright and early!! I wouldn't get up that early for anyone but you........and maybe AnnieBanani!!!ll

    Love,

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristine, You will me in thoughts and prayers tomorrow. You are a strong and brave person.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristine, We are were so sad to hear about your fight against cancer!! You are an amazing woman . . . with your love for life, your amazing family, and your faith in God, you will win this battle! Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers as you prepare for your surgery tomorrow. Love, The Bujdos Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our loving thoughts and prayers are with you. May the Lord wrap you in His peace and calm your mind and heart. You are a remarkable woman of courage and strength, and your faith will see you through. We are here for you, Greg, Annierae and Ja in whatever you may need. We love you so much! Patti and Tom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg and Kristine, we're praying for you here in Tokyo. We miss you guys and wish we could be closer to help in some way. God loves you and so do we. You are in His hands and in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note, I'd love to hear from you!