Monday, February 16, 2009

Underway

Good Morning All,

Greg here. Well, the day started early. Kristine and I were up around 4:00am and made it to the hospital by 5:30am. Check in went smoothly and Kristine got settled and preped with no issues. She's in great spirits, laughing and joking with the staff here. I have to say, the people here at Spectrum Hospital are fantastic. Absolutely professional yet very personable and accommodating. They are definitely making this whole process much easier!

I was waiting in the preparation room with her and at exactly 7:30am the doctor came in to chat with us and off she went to the OR. We're planning on about a two hour surgery with an hour or two recovery time post surgery. There is a new program here at Spectrum that allows me to be in the recovery room with Kristine shortly after she comes out from the procedure (that could be fun as she'll still be groggy :) ).

So now it's just a matter of waiting. I'll send more updates later today once I have something else to report on. Thank you again to everyone for your prayers, thoughts and support. It is greatly appreciated!

-- Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, I'd love to hear from you!