Sunday, February 1, 2009

Thank You!!!

Hello All,

Well, I finally had time to write a quick post which is a bit overdue. I am overwhelmed with all the love, support and encouragement you have all shown me these past few weeks. When Greg first mentioned having a blog, I thought - no way - I don't want this to be a martyr site. But after I had made the first ten calls to inform my family and friends of my diagnosis, I decided that Greg had a good idea, at least from a communication perspective, to let everyone know how I am doing with each procedure. I also decided it would allow me to share all the blessing that have, and will, come from this journey. The first obvious blessing is the testimony of a life filled with incredible family and friends!!! I could not get through this without all of you!

So a quick status update - I have completed all my blood work, MUGA test (this was a test that measures how my heart functions) and chest X-rays. This all had to be done before my surgery. I also received my first hormone injection which I will get every 28 days. The hormone injections are needed because my pathology report came back showing the cancer is highly sensitive to hormones.

Now I am off to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico to enjoy a week in the sun with my family, which this year includes Greg, Annierae, Ja, my parents, my sister-in-law Sue and niece Kari, Greg's sister Judy and her husband Bob and their son Kevin and daughter-in-law Monique. When I get back I will have a week to get my life in order before my surgery. For now, I’m just concentrating on having fun!

Once again, I thank you all for the prayers, comments, cards and books – it really means a lot to me!

Love, Kristine

3 comments:

  1. kristini-
    i am totally in shock. i am not worried one bit because everything is going to be alright. i know it! We are here for anything you guys need and you can count on prayers! We love you so very much and pray for a wonderful, safe and fun trip for you guys! Thank you for the updates!
    love you-
    mel, ryan, mary and zoe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine,
    We are thinking of you and praying for a successful surgery tomorrow. God will be with you.
    Love, Kurt and Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be prayng for you!! ...beth

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note, I'd love to hear from you!