Monday, February 16, 2009

Last Update for Today!

Just got back from getting Kristine squared away for the night. Her extraordinary recovery continues as she has been walking around a bit since I left and she ate a big dinner. She has been chatting it up with all the nurses and docs and is doing well both physically and emotionally. She hasn't taken any pain meds since the one Vicodin around 3:00pm today. She still has a touch of a headache, but the area around the incisions is not bothering her at all! There is a minor issue with her two drains, they are not maintaining the suction properly. The doctor said this is not an issue as a) there is not much drainage and b) they can manual pump them a few times during the night to ensure any fluid is evacuated.

The best news is they expect to discharge her between 9:00am and 10:00am tomorrow, and she told me tonight she'll be ready to come home :) She was able to call home and talk to the girls briefly tonight and they were thrilled to hear mommy's voice. Annierae had a busy day and was out cold by 8:30pm. Ja is calling home to Burma tonight, then off to bed. I'm going to wrap up a few e-mails and head off to bed myself as it's been a long -- but good -- day!

Thank you all again for your thoughts, prayers and support! Kristine said she definitely felt the positive results and could not have done as well as she has without everything you have all done and God's tremendous help!

Good night!

-- Greg

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kristine!!!! You are my Hero!!! Rock on! We will be praying and praying for you to have a quick and speedy recovery!!!! I know you can beat this! God doesn't give you more than you can handle remember? You have a great husband and awesome girls and a ton of friends all praying for you! Please let us know if there is anything you need! You are in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for listening to Greg and doing the blog! Keep us posted. Thanks Greg for the updates!!!!

    Get well soon!

    Tori & Mike Buck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristine - I am so glad to hear you're doing so well. I'm really not surprised since you have such a positive attitude which I'm sure helps a lot. You are and will continue to be in my prayers. Lov ya Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're doing well. We're thinking of you often. Benny & Louann

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is wonderful news! Ben and I have been praying for your family and said special prayers today for a smooth surgery and fast recovery! I love the comment about how you are chatting it up with all the nurses. Way to stay positive! God is with you and you are in our thoughts.
    Love,
    Kim and Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristine, I'm so happy you are doing well. Keep up the positive attitude it is the best medicine.
    Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg & Kristine
    So good to read that everything is going so well. I love this blog!
    Pam O.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note, I'd love to hear from you!